The current research activities in the division include the following areas:
- Behaviour of building material/structural members exposed to elevated temperatures.
- Corrosion potential of reinforcement in concrete exposed to elevated temperatures.
- Behaviour of Geopolymer concrete exposed to elevated temperatures.
- Ecofriendly concrete structures
- Strutandtie modelling of concrete structures
- Risk assessment and analysis Fuzzy FTA, FMEA, FMECA, HAZOP, LOPA, Fuzzy
- Consequence analysis
- Behaviour based safety
- Safety climate/culture studies
- Safety management practices evaluation
- Ergonomic issues like MSDs in manufacturing sector
- Attitudinal/ Behavioural issues in road safety